Associate Electro-Optical Systems Analysis & EngineeringTukwila, Washington
Boeing has an opening for an Optical/Infrared Systems Software/Analysis Engineer/Physicist in Puget Sound in support of multiple Phantom Works programs. The Engineer/Physicist will be responsible for performance modeling, analysis, and optimization of electro-optical payloads, systems and subsystems on space platforms. This position requires a background in software modeling with a good understanding of general physics, optics or electromagnetics. This position requires sound technical judgment, and the ability to rapidly make and contribute to decisions that balance the overall architecture design. This position requires strong collaboration skills with customers and program team members to effectively model design concepts to measure performance to customer requirements. This position requires strong organizational skills and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and continually changing environment. This position requires flexibility to develop analysis plans that incorporate government furnished tools, COTS tools, Model Based Engineering Tools, or individually developed tools to provide to provide rapid and insightful results. The successful candidate must be able to decompose large data sets to effective metrics that are clearly communicated.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This is a SPEEA represented position
- Develop system and subsystem models from existing and developmental designs to analyze system and subsystem performance
- Use analytical methods and models, and develop measures of effectiveness/performance for payload and subsystem design elements
- Support development of operational concepts and operational constraints with analysis results
- Incorporate measured data from materials and subsystems in the laboratory into modeling environment
- Support trades and collaboration with engineering team though performance analysis
- Measure performance of design reference missions by modeling mission in software
- Develop and manage data flow through models and simulations, create scripts and connecting code where applicable
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in constructing quantitative analysis and/or modeling in a professional environment
- Must possess a current (within the last 6 years) final Top Secret security clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with optical and infrared systems modeling, analysis, design for aircraft or spacecraft
- Experience and familiarity using physics simulation software to model payloads and subsystems
- Experience utilizing scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, etc.) and programing languages and analysis environments (e.g. C++, MATLAB, etc.) to post-process and analyze modeled data
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More