Boeing Graduate Researcher - AI and AutonomyTukwila, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Today, as our industry is being transformed by autonomy, we are leading the innovation and integration of systems and vehicles that will transform how the world transports good and passengers. We are looking for Graduate Student Researchers interested in and passionate about solving top challenges in autonomy, and artificial intelligence to join our team and change the world with us. The ideal candidate will have experience with C++, Python, object oriented programming and design, robotics and autonomy techniques such as A* and SLAM or related methods, and general knowledge of algorithms and data structures. GPGPU programing, or messaging standards and service oriented architectures is a plus. Familiarity with flight dynamics is a strong plus as is any experience with hardware related to sensors, embedded systems, and systems integration. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have general knowledge in supervised learning, unsupervised learning, and reinforcement learning algorithms. The candidate will be able to effectively apply machine learning and data mining to applications such as machine perception, planning, computer vision, feature extraction, pattern recognition, vehicle health monitoring, sentiment analysis, and automation. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have skills and abilities to: collect, organize, transform, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize and present findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
About Us: As the central research and development organization of The Boeing Company, Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) provides innovative technologies that enable the development of future aerospace solutions while improving the cycle time, cost, quality and performance of existing Boeing products and services.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Enrolled in graduate school
* Experience working in the field of Artificial Intelligence including Machine Learning
* Experience developing/deploying Artificial Intelligence algorithms
* 3+ years of experience software development
* Education or experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python, Matlab, Java or Linux
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Experience in pattern recognition, multi-modal sensor data fusion and visualization technologies are necessary for the position
* Experience with computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, or ROS
* Experience with deep learning libraries, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Theano, or Caffe
* Experience with machine learning techniques, such as Support Vector Machine
* Experience with sensors (cameras, LiDAR, GPS-IMU), embedded systems, and system integration related to autonomous systems
* Knowledge of data structure, numerical optimization and algorithm complexity
* Experience with Agile methodology and repositories, such as JIRA and Git
* Experience in Augmented Reality and image recognition technologies
* Publication to his/her credit in areas of autonomy and AI
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More