Boeing Summer 2021 Internship Program (Paid) – Information Security InternTukwila, Washington; Layton, Utah; Huntsville, Alabama; Richardson, Texas; Fairfax, Virginia; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Huntington Beach, California; Arlington, Virginia; El Segundo, California; Mesa, Arizona; St Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we're inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Security and Fire Protection organization (SFP) provides global risk management services and standards to protect people, property, information and support business resilience.
As an Information Security Intern, you will:
- Establish and maintain overall information security posture and serves as principle advisor for all matters technical or otherwise involving the security of the organizational technology platforms.
- Own and implement Risk Management Framework for Enterprise.
- Conduct vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, evaluate and apply appropriate mitigations.
- Advise both enterprise and program management on risk levels, security posture and cost/benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements.
- Serve as information security authority within the Information Technology (IT) Change Control Board to ensure all system modifications adhere to the information security standards.
- Coordinate cyber incident responses related to organizational systems.
- Align and coordinate with the IT partners to facilitate the secure product lifecycle of organizational systems across broad spectrum of technology platforms.
The Summer 2021 Security & Fire Intern Program will be mainly held via telecommuting, which does not require applicants to live near applicable location(s), during the Summer 2021 Intern Program
These positions require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2021
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2021
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Cyber Security or related field
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- Current Junior or higher class standing as of May 2021
- The ability to telecommute
- Preferred skills: Cyber security, problem solving, effective leadership, project management, analytical skills, time management
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: $34,000 – Max: $54,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.