Entry Level Electrophysics EngineerTukwila, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for an Entry Level Electrophysics Engineer to join the Boeing Defense, Space & Security Team in Tukwila, WA.
- Assists in developing and documenting Electro-Optical/Infrared/Visual (E-O/IR/Vis) requirements for various sensors, electronic warfare and other systems and components.
- Supports development of architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms for signature management.
- Performs basic analyses, trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, subsystem and system performance to established requirements.
- Conducts simple E-O/IR/Vis tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Collects data on supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Supports project management by gathering project status data.
- Continuously monitors new technology developments to support future planning.
- Works under close supervision and guidance
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret SCI clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Have or have held an active U.S. Security Clearance in the past 24 months
Highest level U.S. Security Clearance currently hold or have held
Experience in optical physics or electromagnetics
Experience in laser and electro-optical systems and optical communications systems requirements development, integration testing and analysis
Experience with Electro Optical (ex: producing specifications, tolerances, simulations, assembly, integration and test of fiber optic (F/O) sensors, systems and components, including sensors, lasers, fiber-optics, and telecommunications products.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
This is a Union represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities