Experienced Systems Engineer (Phantom Works)
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Systems Engineer (Phantom Works)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Experienced Systems Engineer in the Puget Sound in support of multiple Phantom Works programs. The position provides an opportunity work with an experienced, interdisciplinary team to develop unique systems to meet challenging requirements on dynamic development programs.
The selected candidate will develop key System/Subsystem specifications, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Operational Concepts, and system architectures. Additionally, the candidate will work closely with the design team to trade various aspects of the system design to best suit the customer needs. This position will have an opportunity to take a conceptual design into detailed design, integration and test, delivery, launch, and eventually full scale production. This position works collaboratively with the customer and suppliers to mature requirements and solidify interfaces. This position requires excellent teamwork and written/oral communications skills to effectively collaborate with engineering disciplines, suppliers and customers.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop interface definitions and system/subsystem requirements
- Support stakeholder needs through analysis, technical performance measures (TPM) definition, requirements analysis, and allocation & definition for subcontractors, utilizing Cameo, JIRA and Confluence
- Support agile development meetings to become a technical focal point for communication to Boeing domain experts
- Assist in building content reviews for both agile and formal SE deliverables
- Develop requirements verification plan, including coordination of required tests
- Develop and maintain specification requirements for innovative new projects
- Develop and maintain ICDs for complex space and ground architectures
- Apply experience in design and systems engineering principles to solve relevant aerospace issues
This is a union represented position.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum Bachelors of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics or related technical field of study
- 5 years or more of Systems Engineering on aerospace platforms
- Experience with requirements development, verification, validation, ICDs, risk, issues and opportunities management and trade studies
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in space platform Systems Engineering
- Experience utilizing Model Based Engineering (MBE or MBSE) tools
- Experience using project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Technical education or experience in space vehicle engineering disciplines
- Experience working across multiple disciplines in a rapid development environment
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.