Experienced Systems Engineer (Phantom Works)
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Systems Engineer (Phantom Works)
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Experienced Systems Engineer in the Puget Sound in support of multiple Phantom Works programs. The position provides an opportunity work with an experienced, interdisciplinary team to develop unique systems to meet challenging requirements on dynamic development programs.
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop system architecture in compliance with interface definitions and system/subsystem requirements
- Support stakeholder needs through analysis, technical performance measures (TPM) definition, requirements analysis, and allocation & definition for subcontractors, utilizing Cameo, JIRA and Confluence
- Analyze, verify, and validate performance of hardware and software components in a space system
- Develop requirements verification plan, including coordination of required tests for space systems
- Develop and maintain requirements for innovative new projects
- Develop use cases and sequence diagrams
- Develop and maintain Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for complex space and ground architectures
- Support planning for and execution of subsystem and vehicle-level integration and test campaign
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical course of study is required
- 5 years or more of Systems Engineering on aerospace platforms or similar highly regulated products
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with requirements development, verification, validation, ICDs, risk, issues and opportunities management and trade studies
- Experience with spacecraft and/or space systems architecture
- Experience in development, build and test of spacecraft
- Experience developing test plans, procedures, and scripts
- Experience utilizing Model Based Engineering (MBE or MBSE) tools
- Experience with agile development processes and methods including project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Technical education or experience in space vehicle engineering disciplines
- Experience working across multiple disciplines in a rapid development environment
- Prior history working in a classified environment
- SSBI investigation highly desired
- Experience with EVMS
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union represented position.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.