Experienced Wiring & Harness EngineerTukwila, Washington
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business. As part of Phantom Works our group specifically works with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Our group focuses on rapid prototyping to develop and demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies. We work all facets of engineering from technology investment, initial concept, proposal writing, requirements, design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments which can include a space flight demonstration. Work locations will include sites that are within a short (<10 mile) drive of Tukwila, Washington, located just outside of Seattle in the heart of Puget Sound.
Boeing Phantom Works is seeking an experienced Wiring and Harness Engineer to provide engineering expertise to the Space Systems organization in the Puget Sound area. The Wiring and Harness Engineer is responsible for engineering design and development through the entire product life cycle of system development. This engineer will contribute to design, develop, document, and build solutions for electrical wiring for a variety of Boeing Phantom Works programs. This environment is fast paced and requires adaptability between programs and priorities.Team work, strong communication, and technical excellence in the area of wiring and harness engineering are qualifications for this position. Designs, models, integrates and tests electrical wiring and harnessing for electrical systems. Performs electrical power system activities and supports the system through the entire life cycle. This is a union represented position.
- Electrical wiring system design, modeling, build, integration and test
- Perform trade studies
- Requirements decomposition from component ICDs to support electrical system architecture definition
- Analyze system performance through modeling and testing
- Hardware design and development
- Takes long lead times into account to inform program schedules
- Document engineering deliverables, designs, processes, schematics, bills of materials, drawings, build and test procedures
- Perform hands-on engineering and supporting tasks for production, and integration, test, and troubleshooting of electrical wiring and harness
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- 3 or more years' experience in electrical wire and harness design
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Engineering or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of electrical systems in space environment
- Understanding of EMI/EMC implications to harness design
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Ability to adapt to fast paced work environment
- Experience with complex electrical design and manufacturing
- Experience defining material requirements and specifying BOMs
- Experience evaluating electrical ICDs and decomposing electrical requirements
- Experience with CAD modeling
- Experience across product life cycle
Typical Education & Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More