HVAC TechnicianTukwila, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Kent, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Renton, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing is seeking experienced HVAC Technicians to join our team supporting the Seattle, WA area sites maintaining industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Lay out, construct, install and rebuild refrigeration and year-round air conditioning equipment for plant facilities.
- Perform work described in other maintenance classifications when incidental but necessary to the accomplishment of the assignment.
- Work from engineered drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, handbooks, etc., to accomplish required work.
- Read and interpret drawings, wiring diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Be capable of visualizing three-dimensional shapes from a two-dimensional views and understanding symbols, flag notes, and general notes.
- Read and make control adjustments using such typical testing equipment as Freon leak tester, thermometer (wet and dry bulbs), sling psychrometer, monometer, velometer, hydrometer, humidistat, etc.
- Install and adjust valve controls and perform electrical wiring and installation of special electronic controls used for regulating and controlling refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Repair, maintain, trouble shoot and adjust all existing types of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment (production and building).
- Maintain necessary temperature and service records.
- Lock out/Tag out equipment and related systems, as required.
- Observe and evaluate system operation using the on-line Energy Management Control System (EMCS), and visually inspect equipment, power source, wiring, plumbing, electronic components and systems for defects or maintenance problems.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- At least 3 years of experience working as an HVAC Technician.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Technician Certification.
- Must be able to pass fall protection training.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Industrial Infrastructure Experience.
- Experience with industrial water chillers.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This posting supports positions for all shifts
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.