Lead Test Evaluation EngineerTukwila, Washington
Boeing has an opening for a Lead Test and Evaluation Engineer in the Puget Sound in support of multiple Phantom Works programs. This position works with an interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive test plan for unique space platforms. The selected candidate will work as part of an integrated assembly, integration and test team to develop and execute a test plan that supports customer requirements, and is well integrated with the hardware flow though build-up and integrated test. This position requires application of skills and experience to leverage standards, best practices, established processes and adapt to create specific processes and methods for a specific platform. This position will closely coordinate with hardware suppliers, systems engineering and customers to ensure testing requirements are identified, incorporated into the design, and also generate and coordinate necessary test facility requirements. This position requires excellent teamwork and written/oral communications skills to effectively collaborate with various engineering disciplines, suppliers and customers. The position requires sound technical judgment and problem solving skills to generate innovative testing solutions and to adapt to failures and issues.
Work locations will include sites that are within ~10 miles of Tukwila, WA
This is a SPEEA represented position.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines in an integrated team environment to develop a comprehensive test plan
- Coordinate with customers and suppliers to ensure testing compliance and test flow, from components to integrated space vehicle assembly
- Leads a team of test engineers in the development of methods, processes and test plans
- Develop test requirements document
- Define vehicle configuration requirements for test per test phase
- Define test facilities and floor space requirements
- Lead preparation and execution of the program Test Readiness Review (TRR)
- Ensures successful test plan completion prior to delivery to customer
- Oversee resolution of test issues
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on large and complex systems
- 5 years in test and evaluation of aerospace platforms
- Experience leading a team of test engineers
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience conducting test and evaluation of air or space platforms
- Technical subject matter expertise in space subsystems and systems
- Experience on rapid development programs
- Experience in successfully delivering flight hardware to customer
- Experience with environmental testing
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More