Mid Level Sensors / Microsystems Research EngineerTukwila, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators who are designing the next generation of communication systems for commercial transport airplanes, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAVs) and Satellite Communications (SatCom). Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! #TheFutureIsBuiltHere #ChangeTheWorld
The Communications and Sensing Technology team located in Tukwila WA is seeking an experienced experimental physicist or research engineer with research and development experience in the area of electromagnetic, remote sensing, and novel sensor development. Must have a track record of designing complex and sensitive Radio Frequency (RF), microwave, Infra-Red (IR), or Electro Optical (EO) experiments and have experience with state-of-the-art lab equipment and instrumentation.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of RF, microwave, IR or EO sensor development experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with physics based simulation software such as Comsol, HFSS, FEKO, CST Studio or other similar applications
- System analysis and simulation with Labview or Matlab Simulink
- Developing embedded systems hardware-software interface
- Software development using higher level languages such as C/C++ or scripting languages such as Python or Matlab for high rate data collection and digital signal processing
- Scientific computing programming in a multi-processor or HPC environment
- Measurement and testing techniques with oscilloscope, vector network analyzer and spectrum analyzer, and the ability to use a wide variety of laboratory test equipment
- R&D project planning and reporting, team building and mentoring.
- Experience in leading or supporting proposal writing teams for externally funded Contract R&D opportunities with U.S. Government customers.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for first shift
This is a union-represented position.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award