Software Engineer - Early Career
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Engineer - Early Career
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) Phantom Works organization is seeking software engineers to be part of our Mission Systems Software team in support of new emerging programs. Phantom Works is an advanced research and development organization responsible for engaging customers through cutting-edge visual modeling and simulation; innovating cross-cutting concepts and technologies; prototyping solutions to extend current products and win new programs; and developing new businesses and entering new markets.
- Design and development of Mission Systems software.
- Perform trade studies and modifications to meet new requirements.
- Interface definition development.
- Unit and integration testing.
- Creation and review of software documentation.
- Participation in peer reviews.
- Support customer demonstrations.
- Support to system integration & test.
- Work collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-contract/multi-program environment.
- Support and/or lead the development of solutions to a wide range of complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation.
- Adapt to new development environments and eager to work with and learn new technologies.
- Provide demonstrations and showcase the team’s work to current and potential users/customers.
- Travel to interact with other Boeing teammates, external partners and the customer.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into management or technical leadership positions.
The optimal candidate works with minimal supervision, works well with a team, has great communication skills, and is a self-starter. The candidate will be part of a high performing and dynamic team, with great mentorship and guidance available.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- C++ or Java programming language.
- Linux or Windows development environments.
- Agile software development processes or use case development.
- Software Service Oriented Architectures.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Usage of next gen software development tools such as JIRA & GIT
- Experience developing software within a team environment
- Working large software development efforts
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not available and is not a negotiable benefit.
This is a union represented position.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.