Analytics Solutions Engineering Project InternVancouver, British Columbia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking an Analytics Solutions Engineering Intern to work with the Analytics Solutions product management team. The Analytics Solutions team is developing new and innovative analytics-based software solutions, using airplane sensor data and airline operations data, to drive efficiency into airline and flight operations. This role is supporting a project to develop problem-to-parameter configuration maps for use in a new predictive maintenance analytics product. This position is based out of the Boeing Vancouver office in Vancouver, B.C. This is a 4 month term position (May-Aug).
- Review and catalogue the baseline formats of recorded aircraft sensor data parameters.
- Review aircraft system design information, and construct a mapping of systems and subsystems to recorded aircraft sensor data parameters for the major airplane models and sub-models.
- Work with other members of the Analytics Solutions product team and airplane engineering subject matter experts to create problem-to-parameter mappings for selected maintenance problems, to be applied in a new predictive maintenance analytics product.
- Create user documentation for tools developed during the project.
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Working towards a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with python and Excel.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Related work/internship experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with Pandas python library.
- Demonstrated interest in data science and analytics.
- Keen interest in learning about aircraft systems. Prior knowledge of aircraft systems is an asset but not required.
- Keen interest in analytics software product development.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure.
- Ability to learn and execute new tasks.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Compliance with all Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. policies, procedures and training requirements.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More