Computing Architect 5Vancouver, British Columbia
Senior Solution Architect 5
Who You Are
You are an experienced and motivated Solution Architect adept at technology and product strategy. A proven leader comfortable with communicating a vision and influencing business and technical stakeholders. As a Solution Architect you thrive on analyzing complex problems and developing actionable plans to drive solutions. You also have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills.
- Defines and communicates the shared technical and architectural vision for a portfolio of digital products
- Analyzes technical trade-offs, determines the primary components and subsystems, identifies interfaces and defines non-functional requirements
- Prepares architecture documents and technical papers documenting and advocating the decisions affecting the architecture of multiple systems.
- Monitors the implementation of architecture throughout the portfolio and provides technical mentoring, guidance and clarification to other architects and technical implementation resources
- Applies appropriate estimating techniques to determine the level of effort and financial investment required for the technical implementation of the solution.
- Creates technology roadmaps for the portfolio
- Identifies business and technology trends and evaluates their impact on the product portfolio
- Reports potential new intellectual property following corporate intellectual property processes.
- Collaborates with team members in an Agile environment
- 7+ year of experience with SaaS architectures and cloud based development
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Implementation experience in the big data ecosystem and integration of data science workflows and deliverables into production software.
- Knowledge of standard architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Proven expertise with design and architecture patterns, architecture modeling and design methodologies
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration and a proven track record of leading others in designing and developing solutions
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Individual Contributor - 5
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAULI5 (B86) - Computing Architect 5 (Computing Architect
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More