Data Engineer Intern
Vancouver, British Columbia
We’re looking for Data Scientists who can harness the power of data to help us create new innovations in aerospace. You’ll use advanced analytics to build the future.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Data Science employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Data Engineer Intern
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking a Data Engineer Intern to work alongside an eclectic group of passionate data science professionals who help customers by making sense out of big, complex systems in the world of aviation. We combine deep scientific thinking, mathematical prowess and analytics technology with creativity and detective work to uncover rare insights hidden within the data. We harness practical knowledge of engineering, business, and aviation to build customer solutions. Together, we deliver the power of understanding to change the world above and on the ground. This position is located in Vancouver, BC and is an 8 month term.
We are looking for newly-skilled, inquisitive data engineers to help us bring the fast-growing, ever-evolving power of data science to aviation and aerospace. As a Boeing Data Engineer Intern, you will have to combine the skills of a developer, logician and librarian, helping plan, build and steward the foundations of our data science. As Data Engineer Intern you will:
- Work closely with our customers and data scientists alike, building the systems that best represent the meanings of data, automating processes, laying down pipelines, and curating our toolboxes.
- Support data ingestion from diverse sources, ensuring data integrity and consistency. In support of core data science and analytics, the Data Engineer Intern must have software development and computer science skills.
- Build and support pipelines of interacting data updates, transformations, feature engineering, statistical measurements and active machine-learning models.
- Be responsible for supporting the development of user interfaces, executing quality checks and testing for their assigned analytics and optimization projects.
Above all, we are seeking someone who will value and champion our culture of learning, trust, and relentless collaborative energy. We love breathing new science into the industry, and we love sharing the journey. We believe that thirst for knowledge and having fun go hand-in-hand.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or higher degree in Software Engineering, Big Data, Data Science, Computer Science or similar technical discipline.
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in pipeline software and ETL development (e.g., airflow, luigi) is an asset
- Experience in a formal collaborative development environment and version control (e.g., Gitlab) is an asset
- Experience with large-scale data analysis technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Pig, Hive) is an asset
- Experience in DevOps technologies (e.g. CI/CD, Docker) and practices is an asset
- Experience in cloud architectures and design is an asset
- Experience deploying software to Cloud and on-premise solutions is an asset
- Experience in both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Proficiency in data quality, test engineering and test development is an asset
- Experience in front-end and/or back-end web development is an asset
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.