Vancouver, British Columbia
We’re looking for Data Scientists who can harness the power of data to help us create new innovations in aerospace. You’ll use advanced analytics to build the future.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Data Science employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Boeing Vancouver houses an eclectic group of passionate data science professionals who help customers by making sense out of big, complex systems in the world of aviation. We combine deep scientific thinking, mathematical prowess and analytics technology with creativity and detective work to uncover rare insights hidden within the data. We harness practical knowledge of engineering, business, and aviation to build customer solutions. Together, we deliver the power of understanding to change the world above and on the ground.
We are looking for skilled, inquisitive Data Engineers to help us bring the fast-growing, ever-evolving power of data science to aviation and aerospace. As a Boeing data engineer, you will have to combine the skills of a developer, logician and librarian, helping plan, build and steward the foundations of our data science. You will get to work closely with our customers and data scientists alike, building the systems that best represent the meanings of data, automating processes, laying down pipelines, and curating our toolboxes. We want you to see the big pictures of scale, to be the ambassador of best practices, and the springboard on which our data science soars.
Above all, we are seeking someone who will value and champion our culture of learning, trust, and relentless collaborative energy. We love breathing new science into the industry, and we love sharing the journey. We believe that thirst for knowledge and having fun go hand-in-hand. Does this sound like you? Come build Vancouver’s local data science community with us and make a global impact.
We Want to Hear From You If
You love bringing order. You think in schemas, entropies and relationships. You know your database theories, and when to implement what and where. You embrace the elegance in organizing chaos. You streamline. You look at processes, and always look for ways to automate, to reuse, to simplify, to make robust. You are familiar with leading pipeline technologies and you know their strengths and weaknesses. You are a business thinker – project-minded, down-to-earth and strategic. You focus on customers, their viewpoints and real-world priorities. You balance pragmatic choices, and you appreciate the robust elegance in the path of least resistance to a solution. And you stay always on the lookout for new problems and new possibilities for growth. You love learning – You don’t rest on your laurels, and you enjoy honing your mind. You have diverse interests; you have fun learning new ideas, growing your skills and sharing the experience with others. You communicate and collaborate effectively– you know how to collaborate in diverse teams both large and small. You can switch confidently between following and leading as circumstances dictate. You are respectful, honest, and you strive to understand as much as to be understood.
This level 3 position is located in Vancouver, BC.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3 years relevant work experience in Data Engineering or Software Development (Examples: Data Engineering, complex data storage administration, systems architecture, pipeline development, software development)
- Must have experience in formal collaborative development environment and version control (e.g., Gitlab)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in pipeline software and ETL development (e.g., airflow, luigi)
- Experience with large-scale data analysis technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Pig, Hive) is an asset
- Experience in DevOps technologies (e.g. CI/CD, Docker) and practices is an asset
- Experience in cloud architectures and design is an asset
- Experience deploying software to Cloud and on-premise solutions is an asset
- Experience in both relational and non-relational database technologies
- Proficiency in data quality, test engineering and test development is an asset
- Experience in front-end and/or back-end web development is an asset
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical discipline. For Master degree and above a combination of education and experience will be considered.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.