DevOps EngineerVancouver, British Columbia; Richmond Hill, Ontario
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Do you want to usher in a new digital era in the skies? Boeing is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our Digital Aviation Solutions portfolio, working out of the Richmond, BC office.
The DevOps Engineer will be primarily assigned to Data Solutions, where they will design and build the systems to make critical navigation and aeronautical data available through the cloud, empowering a new generation of analytics tools and applications for both piloted and unpiloted aircraft. The role will exercise systems and data expertise, with a particular emphasis on cloud application design, deployment and support. Successful candidates will have strong technical skills, leadership skills, and a keen interest in developing industry-leading analytics initiatives.
The dynamic and rapidly advancing technologies in the world of cloud-based deployment requires engineers that proactively stay up to date with new technologies and are always refining their craft. The DevOps Engineer will work closely with a team to ensure high availability and redundancy of all systems. The position will involve improving our build pipeline and ensuring successful delivery of new releases, developing infrastructure code, building for scalability and reusable micro-services, and ultimately leading expansions to new customer use cases.
- Communicate effectively with other roles and skillsets, including data scientists, developers and product owners
- Lead a cloud transformation for a portfolio of high-profile applications
- Help architect, design, and ultimately build scalable, reliable, and high-performance systems and environments
- Evangelize DevOps throughout the work, organization, and interactions with others
- Effectively contribute to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team
- Lead production of analytics applications prototypes
- Implement and support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Design and build monitoring solutions and services
- Develop cloud infrastructure/platform code
- Develop RESTful APIs
- Promote test-driven development
- Implement systems to monitor system health, data quality and scientific performance
- Monitor health of the application and environment, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Implement access-control and security systems
- Contribute to technical documentation
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Richmond, BC, Canada.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Minimum 2 years Cloud deployment experience (Azure preferred)
- Minimum 5 years Software Development experience
- Minimum 2 years Linux, Network Administration experience
- Experience with development, deployment and version control tools (e.g., Eclipse, Git, Jira)
- Experience participating in an Agile team
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Azure DevOps, GitLab CI, Artifactory, Maven)
- Experience using formal database and storage systems (SQL or non-SQL)
- A technical degree/diploma in a related field of study
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- Strong knowledge in back end programming languages (Java, Python, Node.js) and scripting languages (bash)
- Experience with cloud-deployed APIs and micro-services
- Experience with secure system-to-system communication in the cloud
- Knowledge of Platform-as-a-Service offerings like Cloud Foundry
- Experience with developing and supporting applications in Docker
- Experience with container orchestration using Kubernetes or similar (GKE) and additional products to manage clusters(nginx/istio/linkerd) and control deployments (helm)
- Experience with large and complex databases (preferably PostgreSQL or Azure SQL)
- Experience with data models, database design, and database administration
- Experience operating in a production environment
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools
- Experience with Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Geographic redundancy, Fail Over Solutions, Data Backups, Recovery and Replication.
Typical Education and Experience:
Technical bachelor’s degree and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or a Master’s degree with typically 7 or more years’ or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award