Product Management SpecialistVancouver, British Columbia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking a Senior Product Management Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring that customer requirements are fully captured, prioritized, documented, explained, and controlled when changed. This Level 4 position is located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Work with customers both internal and external to document business problems and objectives.
- Interact with customers to clarify, define and document product and system requirements and detailed specifications.
- Work with customers, project managers and the development team, where required, to ensure a common understanding of requirements, expectations, activities, priorities and timeframes, and changes to these as they may occur (Stakeholder Management).
- Interact with developers to ensure customer requirements are fully understood and implemented as agreed.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance and review of product documentation including product and system requirements, user manuals, training material and release notes.
- Support the implementation or integration of the product solutions with customers, including investigation of reported software issues, data analysis and processing, change management, testing and training. Assists with pre-sales/marketing and proposal work in areas of specific product knowledge if required.
- Able to work well both independently, with little guidance as well as in a collaborative team environment
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Must have a technical degree in a related field of study
- Minimum of 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience as Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Strong understanding of Agile practices and processes (Scrum)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Software Engineering or Product Support experience
- Data Science experience
- Effective and efficient logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction
- Have a passion for software and a deep understanding of the Agile mindset
- Not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status-quo
- Strongly desire to learn new things, think out-of-the-box, and apply critical thinking to solve real customer problems
- Have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the tools and systems that you build
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to effectively communicate complex ideas in a succinct and comprehensible fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have a positive attitude, able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Thrive in a culture of collaboration and relentless improvement
A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematical, scientific or information technology field of study.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
KA38I4 (K29) - Product Management Specialist 4 (Product Management
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More