Senior DevOps Infrastructure EngineerVancouver, British Columbia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking a Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer who can work with limited supervision to build and maintain our cloud environments in Google Cloud Platform. The DevOps engineer will work closely with a team to ensure high availability and redundancy of all systems. The position will involve improving our build pipeline and ensuring successful delivery of new releases, developing infrastructure code, SRE-related tasks, and ultimately increasing value to the customer. This individual should have a persistent hunger to learn and solve problems in the pursuit of perfection. This level 4 position is located in Vancouver, Canada.
- Architect, design, and build scalable, reliable, and high performance systems and environments
- Design and implement both continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Design and build monitoring solutions and services
- Develop infrastructure code
- Develop platform code
- Monitor health of the application and environment, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Effectively contribute to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team.
- Evangelize DevOps throughout the work, organization, and interactions with others
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Must have a technical degree/diploma in a related field of study
- Minimum 5+ years Linux, Network Administration
- Understanding of DevOps, Agile, and People
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with Cloud providers such as AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools
- Experience with secure system-to-system communication in the cloud
- Experience with development tools (Eclipse, Pycharm, Intellij, Git, Jira, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience with monitoring and logging tool
- Experience participating in an agile team
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More