Senior Software DeveloperVancouver, British Columbia; Richmond Hill, Ontario
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing Vancouver, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place with our unique focus on flight data, aviation expertise, cloud-based analytics and machine learning. We work closely with Boeing customers all over the world and provide unified solutions on flight safety, fuel consumption, cost efficiency, and reduction of carbon emissions supporting of sustainable aviation. You can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Our team are seeking a Senior Software Developer reporting to the Senior Manager of Software Development working out of the Vancouver, British Columbia office. You will work on a team of highly motivated software architects, developers and data scientists. You bring a new perspective to solutions and are able to provide efficient quality code. You are seen by others on the team as a knowledgeable team member who can be approached to solve complex problems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of complex, business critical features of the system
- Ensure that the software you build aligns to architectural guidance and the team's agreed upon code best practices
- Work closely with scrum master and PO in an Agile environment
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team, processes and systems
- Leverage your technical expertise and experience and be a sounding board for fellow developers for problem resolution
- Mentor and develop newer members of the team
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- 5+ years relevant experience in Software Development
- Proficient in Python or Java
- Fundamental knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with GCP or Azure
- Experience building REST APIs and using messaging services
- Experience with Front End web development
- Strong understanding of Agile practices and processes (Scrum)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
This requisition is for a, locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award