Lead System Support Engineer (Senior)Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Systems Support Engineering Team Lead at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California to support the operations and sustainment of Ground-based Midcourse Defense assets.
As the lead system support engineer this position will lead, direct and oversee in the performance of:
- Lead a team of engineering in the execution of preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical and software based systems.
- Act as test conductor for maintenance built in test procedures and processes.
- Investigate technical documents, schematics and drawings in support of root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Support the development and improvement of testing and maintenance procedures.
- Review engineering drawings for system understanding and propose improvements for product lifecycle.
- Trouble shoot electrical / mechanical systems, including PLCs, and compose documents to direct repair activities.
- Apply engineering standards and best practices to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Work with multiple groups inside the company (including Safety, Quality, Scheduling, Operations, and Development) as well as outside the company (customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors) to understand stakeholders concerns and communicate impacts.
- Use technological tools and business system applications to organize and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications and resolutions.
- Travel to Fort Greely, AK and Huntsville AL will be required to support test, training and program needs periodically. 10% travel is estimated.
- After-hours and weekend support may be required to support program needs
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience leading an team.
- GMD program experience.
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Boeing Board certified Test Conductor
- Experience with test processes and protocol.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More