Cyber Security AnalystWaddington, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for a Cyber Security Analyst based at Waddington. This role will involve contributing to the Monitoring, Alerting, Analysis and Protection of an IT environment against all cyber threats.
Working within the established monitoring and response frameworks to enable the timely and effective response and management of incidents, alarms, notifications, calls.
- Continuously looking for improvements to ensure services operated are aligned to industry best practice and Boeing enterprise best practices.
- Responding to security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems.
- Monitoring the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviors by the use of SIEM tools.
- Performing analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic.
- Working to well-defined SLAs & KPIs.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Please note that this role will require you to work an early or late rota with occasional weekend working.
Desirable Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts.
- Packet capture and analysis.
- Experience in using log aggregation and correlation tools.
- Experience in interpreting system, application and network device logs.
- Strong knowledge OSI Model and associated layer protocols.
- Experienced in the development of protective monitoring use cases.
- Experienced in alert rule creation and development (SNORT, YARA, SIEM).
- Researching current threats and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems.
- Working knowledge of network security controls: IDS/IPS, NIDS.
- Working knowledge of security controls: HIDS, EDR.
- Information Security qualification is preferred.
- Degree-level education in Information Security or related area is preferred.
- Network+ is desirable.
- Security+ is desirable.
- CySA+ is desirable.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.