Cyber Security AnalystWaddington, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for an exprienced Cyber Security Analyst based at Waddington. The role will involve the Monitoring, Alerting, Analysis and Protection of an IT environment against all cyber threats.
Working within the established monitoring and response frameworks to enable the timely and effective response and management of incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and all other activities related to the SOC including new and emerging cyber threats.
- Supporting the Security Specialist/Security Manager/Functional Lead in the identification and ongoing monitoring of specific security risks.
- Continuously looking for improvements in both tooling and processes to ensure services operated are aligned to industry best practice and Boeing enterprise best practices.
- Respond to security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems.
- Monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviors by the use of monitoring tools.
- Perform in-depth analysis of log files, systems, and network traffic.
- Hunt for suspicious activity based on anomalous activity.
- Innovate in the areas of SIEM and SOC and develop best practice.
- Triage/respond to 2nd/3rd line escalation of incidents.
- Mentor and oversee development of junior analysts.
- Work to well-defined SLAs & KPIs.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Please note that this role will require you to work an early or late rota with occasional weekend working.
Desirable Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC).
- Working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts.
- Experienced in using log aggregation and correlation tools.
- Experienced in interpreting system, application and network device logs.
- Experienced in packet capture and analysis.
- Working knowledge of network security controls: IDS/IPS, NIDS.
- Working knowledge of security controls: HIDS, EDR.
- Excellent/strong knowledge OSI Model and associated layer protocols.
- Experienced in the development of protective monitoring use cases.
- Experienced in alert rule creation and development (SNORT, YARA, SIEM).
- Experienced in environment threat modeling.
- Experience researching current threats and vulnerabilities to Information Technology systems.
- Experience of practical threat hunting experience in a high value information/high threat processing environment dealing with persistent threats.
- Information Security qualification is preferred.
- Degree-level education in Information Security or related area is preferred.
- CISSP Certification is preferred.
- CREST – Intrusion Analyst, Cyber Threat Intelligence is preferred.
- SANS GNFA, GCIA, GCIH is preferred.
- Comptia Security+, CySA+ is preffered.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.