Senior Avionic Supervisor (MOB Operations)Wattisham, England; Middle Wallop, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Reporting to the Team Lead, this role provides direct leadership, control, oversight and supervision of Supervisor/Technicians (P2) of the same trade as part of on-aircraft maintenance support to the UK Apache High Readiness Pool (HRP), located at the MOB in Wattisham, Suffolk. This role may undertake Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) activity, specifically the validation of maintenance records and data, under the Authority’s Quality Management System (QMS) and conduct mentoring of Authority junior technicians (if required). Previous experience in the supervision and control of maintenance tasks and staff, as well as experience maintaining the Apache Air System (AH-64E, AH-64D or Apache AH Mk1), are essential for this role. This role will interact directly with the customer so well-honed interpersonal skills are required.
- Leads the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Provides training and mentors others.
- Works under minimal direction.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required. All information will be checked and verified.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
The role requires an individual with proven supervisory skills. An ability to plan, sequence, distribute and control technical work within a team, while maintaining output against schedule and ensuring safety and continuing airworthiness, is essential. A successful candidate must be capable of understanding and interpreting technical information and possess knowledge of MAA Regulatory Articles (RAs), MAA Regulatory Publications (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management Systems (SMS) and the application of these requirements within their area of Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities