Operations CAMS Support Lead - E-7 (Wedgetail)West Midlands, England; Birmingham, England
Boeing are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to join the small Boeing team to support the Production Supplier on-site in Birmingham. The modification programme is expected to take up to 5 years to complete before the aircraft transition to the Main Operating at RAF Waddington
This position is a Team Leader role. The CAMS Support Lead will lead a small team of aircraft technicians supporting at the UK E7 production working alongside the production supplier. Working on a wider BDUK support team working directly for the E7 Production Operations Manager
The CAMS support team will be dedicated to support the measurement and inspection requirement for the UK E7 Wedgetail aircraft production at Birmingham airport using computer aided laser metrology techniques
The Lead will plan the mobilization, recruitment of the team including identifying tooling and training requirements. The lead will act as the project manager planning the day to day CAMS tasks during the 5 aircraft modifications between 2020 and 2025 working between the project team and production supplier managing the delivery of .computer aided laser metrology techniques.
We are very keen to hear from aircraft Technicians with experience of certifying, supervising and performing aircraft maintenance from both the military and commercial aerospace environment with experience specifically in CAMS techniques and use.
This is a permanent position and offers an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest aerospace company. The successful candidates will be knowledgeable in all aspects of aircraft maintenance, modification and repair to include skill and experience in both mechanical and avionic disciplines.
Candidates will have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH
- Lead and inspire a team
- Create a mobilization plan and deliver actions to enable execution on plan and budget
- Assembles disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing removing replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees/completes assembly disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex aircraft systems to isolate mechanical faults and repair faulty components within guidelines published in authorized maintenance documents.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Proficient computer skills, use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- A high level of written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance tasks and allocation of tasks to allocated team
- Performance management of allocated team
• Demonstrate recent experience of leading an aircraft maintenance team on live aircraft
• Recent experience and training on CAMS tooling
• Recognised apprenticeship scheme
• Demonstrate experience in the aircraft maintenance environment (Military or Civil)
• Leadership qualification
• Certification of aircraft maintenance
• SC Cleared ( or able to obtain )
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More