Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - MechanicalWilliamtown, New South Wales
BDA are recruiting for various positions for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - Mechanical, located at RAAF Base Williamtown NSW.
The Mechanical Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the Maintenance, Modification, Inspection, Testing and Troubleshooting of F/A-18 Mechanical airframe and engine systems and associated equipment within the scope of their applicable training, competency, supervisory and task authorisations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are conducted and recorded IAW approved Aircraft Maintenance Documentation processes and procedures.
- Ensuring Tradespersons do not proceed past inspection check points until inspected.
- Assess, monitor and advise Management of environmental, human and operational factors that may potentially adversely affect technical airworthiness, and seek advice on subsequent reporting requirements.
To be successful you will have:
- Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Mechanical), or equivalent trade qualification.
- Aircraft type is highly desirable or fast jet experience.
- For supervisory roles a minimum 5 years aviation experience in maintenance of aircraft and have previous experience as a technical supervisor, preferably on Aircraft type.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, prioritise work, and apply well developed problem solving skills to a variety of technical issues/problems.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More