Modelling & Simulation EngineerWilliamtown, New South Wales
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is looking for a talented Modelling and Simulation Engineer who is interested in being part of a dynamic team, delivering data analytics solutions to our customers. Working as part of our BDA Data Analytics team, you will be responsible for leading the development of complex modelling solutions that will enable the Australian Defence Force to more effectively operate, maintain and sustain its platforms.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of complex modelling solutions using system dynamics, discrete event simulation and agent-based methodologies to meet specific customer requirements
- Supporting the ongoing solution architecture roadmap, suggesting new modelling and simulation methodologies to support the efficiency and effectiveness of future analytics solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the data analytics team
We are seeking a talented and motivated modelling and simulation engineering professional to join our team who has:
- 10+ years' experience in data engineering, data analytics, and/or simulation and modelling
- Tertiary degree qualification in software engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science or a related technical discipline
- Passion for mathematics, statistics, and data analytics
- Understanding of new technologies, models and methods (i.e. Big Data, Machine Learning, Functional Programming)
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C# and/or Python programming languages
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute complex simulations
- Experience in developing modelling and simulation capability using innovative preparation, execution, analysis and visualisation techniques;
- Attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Defence knowledge and/or experience will be desirable
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More