Senior Environmental, Health & Safety SpecialistWilliamtown, New South Wales
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking a SeniorEnvironmental, Health & Safety Specialist to support our Adelaide, Brisbane or Williamtown team. This is an exciting senior role in a fantastic team of professionals working on the strategic development of all things Environmental, Health & Safety!
- Undertaking role as Environmental, Health & Safety subject matter expert
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of ISO/AS accredited Environmental and OHS Management Systems
- Interface with internal (local and global) and external customer groups
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 10 years' related work experience, or equivalent
- Extensive ISO/AS management system accreditation experience
- Energy, passion, problem solving ability with can-do attitude
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Ability to develop comprehensive EHS Management Plans for new Programs, including non-Australian jurisdictions
- Experienced in interacting with regulatory agencies
- Extensive experience in leading serious incident investigations in an operational environment
- Demonstrable experience in conducting complex EHS risk assessments
- EHS experience in high risk operational environments such as aviation, construction, electrical, mining
- Ability to coach and mentor all matters relating to EHS
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
All previous applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More