Senior Software/Data EngineerWilliamtown, New South Wales
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) is looking for a talented Software Engineer who is interested in being part of a dynamic team, delivering data analytics solutions to our customers. Working as part of our BDA Data Analytics team, you will be responsible for designing and developing a suite of data analytics solutions that will enable the Australian Defence Force to more effectively operate, maintain and sustain its platforms.
- Leading, designing and developing efficient and effective data analytics solutions
- Ingesting, transforming and integrating complex, large and disparate data sets, in a batch or streaming context
- Developing GUI applications to support the effective utilisation of analytical models
- Support deployed applications through consultation with users, defect identification/resolution and release management
- Working closely with data scientists to deploy analytical models into a production environment
- Supporting the ongoing solution architecture roadmap, suggesting new technologies and methods to support the efficiency and effectiveness of future analytics solutions
- Mentoring and coaching junior members of the data analytics team
We are seeking a talented and motivated software engineering professional to join our team who has:
- 10+ years' experience in data engineering, application development, full-stack development, and/or data analytics
- Tertiary degree qualification in software engineering or a related technical discipline
- Passion for data analytics and understanding of new technologies, models and methods (e.g. Big Data, Machine Learning, Functional Programming)
- Experience with modern data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Airflow and Talend
- Experience working with SQL and non-SQL technologies
- Demonstrated experience with Java, C# and/or Python programming languages
- Understanding of modern web applications frameworks (Angular)
- Experience with CI/CD, dev-ops and containerisation
- Experience developing REST API services and integrating with data providers
- Ability to work independently and within a team across a wide range of tasks and competencies
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and concepts will be desirable
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Flexible working options
Employee Incentive Program
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More