Senior Systems EngineerWilliamtown, New South Wales
An opportunity exists for a Senior Systems Engineer to become part of the Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) Engineering Team. As a Systems Engineer you will be a key part of the Division supporting Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW&C) capabilities and specifically, projects within the Ground Support Systems.
BDA is responsible for providing Engineering Support Services to both domestic and international AEW&C Systems, which includes Mission and Ground Systems (Airborne Systems, Ground Mission Support, Flight Trainer, Mission Simulators and Engineering Support Facilities) and Support Services (technical publications & data, spares, training equipment, and Support & Test Equipment).
This specific role falls within the Ground Systems Development and Verification Team and involves planning, organisation, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, system verification, risks and issues, for Ground Based Simulators for Pilot and Mission Crew training and Engineering Laboratories providing high fidelity simulation and stimulation of Mission Systems in ground based facilities.
Responsiblities will include:
- Validate system-of-systems concepts by inspection, analysis, test, and demonstration to satisfy the intent of the customer requirements.
- Perform requirements analysis, with respect to verification.
- Monitor integration and checkout activities, and receive and evaluate results of activities.
- Develop and document the verification plan, procedures, test data and reports needed to accomplish requirements verification.
- Verify the functional, physical and logical interfaces for system-of-systems, by selecting one or more verification methods based on interface requirements.
- Complete knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures
- Experience in specification, design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, equipment, and methods.
- Knowledge of test program design (e.g., design of experiments, test plan development, validation).
- Experience in complex systems, involving multiple diverse hardware and software items and interfaces.
- Experience in the full test lifecycle, including planning, development, test conduct and reporting.
To be successful you will have:
- Over 5 years' experience in the relevant technical discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a Defence related project/work environment
- Obtain and maintain an NV-1 clearance as a minimum
- Completion of a tertiary degree qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
If you would like to see your career take off click Apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More