Supply Chain SpecialistWilliamtown, New South Wales
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
The Supply Chain Specialist provides support to the BDA Supply Chain Management (SCM) team. You will apply and interpret how legislation, procedures and guidelines align to your work. Additionally, you will provide administrative support that is informed and directed by your knowledge of the disposals discipline. Successful applicants will have experience in disposal management, and will assist with disposal activities and tasks including the administration, coordination and preparation of disposal documentation.
- Participate in pre-disposal planning, consultation and engagement with stakeholders prior to commencing disposal activities.
- Research and provide advice to stakeholders on moderately complex pre-disposal and disposal planning activities.
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide disposal support and address needs and expectations.
- Work collaboratively in a team based environment actively participating in and contributing to team meetings and exchange information to support the work area and team objectives.
- Collect and analyse data and information and provide assistance in the preparation of disposal related documentation.
- Investigate specific aspects of asset for disposal, including hazardous materials, security, safety, environmental and other aspects surrounding the management and handling of assets.
- Analyse and interrogate data from Defence information systems relating to disposals to provide and ensure compliance with project plans and schedules
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, supply support roles and functions.
- Previous experience in the disposal management.
- Demonstrated experience with computerised inventory management systems and methodologies.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
- Hold Secret security clearance
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More