HVAC PlannerWinnipeg, Manitoba
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Winnipeg is one of the largest aerospace composite manufacturers in Canada. The company employs over 1,400 people in 800,000 square feet of space in two locations in the city.
The HVAC Planner reports to the Facilities Manager and will be responsible for the planning and coordinating with trades, the day to day heating and cooling of the facility, along with all heating and cooling systems that support production equipment.
- Typical equipment to be maintained as follows, but is not a definitive list: hot water boilers, steam boiler, chillers, walk in freezers and coolers, air handling units, makeup air units, cafeteria equipment, and some components of production equipment.
- Leads in acting as focal for contractors, consultants, government and insurance agencies.
- Monitors existing complex contracts to determine compliance. Develops contract specifications for supplier goods and services and relevant documents. Interacts with suppliers and buyers. Facilitates team relationships to ensure a thorough understanding of the organizations needs and requirements and the continuous improvement of processes.
- Generates plans, acquires materials and schedules services for facilities activities. Creates and deploys schedules based on system, customer and regulatory requirements. Communicates with internal and external suppliers and customers to coordinate scheduled activities.
- Uses project management tools and industry-recognized concepts to develop scope of work, budget and schedules to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget. May coordinate and lead the project team.
- Leads efforts to review, create, improve and document processes and procedures related to facilities operations and equipment. Leads or participates in meetings with other organizations (such as EHS, SM, Document Control, Security and Fire, Legal or IT) to create and validate processes. Conducts studies and makes recommendations to support business operations. Provides input into budget development and forecasting.
- Maintain all PM records for auditing purposes.
- Supports the development of documents, and supports the implementation of preventative maintenance schedules for Civil/Mechanical equipment. Reviews manuals and equipment histories; and communicates information to and supports maintenance trades.
Receives internal and external customer requests for services or goods related to buildings, equipment and systems.
- Provides general technical support and troubleshooting assistance for various facilities hardware, software, systems or processes. Ensures that configuration control is maintained for data, processes, equipment and documents. Delivers process training and supports the creation of training materials. Coordinates with internal training organizations and outside vendors as applicable.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have a minimum of 8 years work experience working in HVAC.
- Must have relevant education and training (Examples: Red Seal HVAC Journeyman, Power Engineering, Technologist, or Engineering).
- Experience in job planning, scheduling and working with a computerized maintenance system.
- Must have knowledge of facility Civil / or Mechanical systems, maintenance programs, inspection and facility operations.
- Must be knowledgeable of regulations/standards, codes and ordinances related to the Civil / or Mechanical field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with a building management system or DDC would be considered an asset.
- Prefer experience working within and Manufacturing environment.
- Must have Canadian High School diploma or recognized equivalency.
- Post-Secondary Education or Red Seal Journeyman
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
8AAFI4 (800) - Facilities Analyst 4 (Facilities Analyst
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More