NDI Technician AWinnipeg, Manitoba
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Winnipeg is one of the largest aerospace composite manufacturers in Canada. The company employs over 1,500+ people in 750,000 square feet of space in two locations in the city.
The NDI Technician will be working out of the Winnipeg Manufacturing facility reporting to the NDI Quality Manager.
The NDI Technician will be primarily responsible for operating inspection equipment, performing nondestructive tests and evaluations on composite aircraft structures and resolving questionable cases.
- Direct and perform a variety of nondestructive inspections and test of production and developmental processes and materials.
- Perform nondestructive test using specified techniques and maintain test data as required. Determine and interpret whether materials tested are within specified limits.
- Perform calibration checks, set up and operate any test equipment as required including through transmission ultrasonic equipment and radiographic equipment.
- Perform nondestructive test such as ultrasonic, eddy current, liquid penetrant, etc.
- Perform nondestructive test of any materials submitted to the group such as various plastics, metals, laminates, composite bonding, composite honeycomb structures, etc., for conformance to specifications and quality requirements.
- Instruct assigned lower classified employees in conducting nondestructive inspections and tests.
- Use blueprints, drawings, various specifications, inspection manuals, handbook formulas and tables, mathematics, including trigonometry, etc., in the accomplishment of work assignments.
- Develop and maintain technique sheets and, together with engineering, develop and maintain reference acceptance standards to ensure inspection procedures meet specification requirements and product conformance to engineering design.
- Resolve questionable cases and refer suggested improvements and changes to supervisor.
- Recommend nondestructive inspection facility and equipment requirements.
- Obtain and maintain licenses and certificates as required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Physical ability to stand for duration of a shift; able to lift, carry, move and manipulate a large volume and variety of parts.
- Must demonstrate ability to obtain and maintain all licenses and certificates as required, including Boeing’s internal NDT certifications.
- Candidate(s) must currently have their CGSB Level 2 Certification in UT; or have successfully completed a 2-year technical diploma through a CGSB Authorized Training Organization, must be current.
- Successful completion of CGSB ultrasonic level 2 written examinations would be an asset.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANT. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More