Payroll SpecialistWinnipeg, Manitoba
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Winnipeg is one of the largest aerospace composite manufacturers in Canada. The company employs over 1,400 people in 800,000 square feet of space in two locations in the city. The Payroll Specialist reports to the Senior Human Resource Manager and will process bi-weekly full cycle Canadian payroll for hourly and salaried employees, respond to payroll related enquires and process attendance information.
- Bi-Weekly unionized/non-unionized payroll processing, ROE’s, account reconciliations, journal entries, government remittances.
- Processes attendance information; determines sick leave and vacation eligibility; determines overtime pay; processes miscellaneous deductions; and issues manual cheques. Uses a personal computer based payroll system.
- Calculates employee taxable benefits and prepares and distributes T-4 summaries in accordance with legislated deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and Provincial legislation as well as collective agreements.
- Responds to employee questions and provides HR policy, process and procedure guidance.
- Instructs employees on the use of Human Resources self-service applications.
- Inputs data into HR systems and maintains records.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Recommends changes for improvements as needed.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have 5+ years’ experience working within a Canadian payroll function.
- Must have knowledge of computerized payroll / accounting systems.
- Must have a working-level knowledge of Canadian and provincial payroll regulations and guidelines.
- Must have experience with report development, record maintenance, presentation development and schedule development.
- Must have working level experience in the application of Microsoft software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prefer experience working with Workday software
- Prefer experience with bank reconciliations.
- Must have a Canadian high school diploma or recognized equivalency.
- Must have a relevant post-secondary education (Certificate in Payroll Management, Payroll Compliance Practitioner(PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM)
Individual Contributor - C
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More