Chinook Systems Safety EngineerYeovil, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for a Chinook Systems Safety Engineer.
This role provides systems safety engineering expertise to internal safety engineering activities. Undertaking all systems safety activities in support of UK safety cases for modifications to aerospace platforms, systems and supporting equipment as required. Applies an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to plan design develop and verify basic life-cycle balanced system of systems and system solutions. Evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical functional and program interfaces. Performs analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Performs analyses for affordability safety reliability maintainability testability human systems integration survivability vulnerability susceptibility system security regulatory certification product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success. Supports the planning organization implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes tools risk issues opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
Support the development of safety cases and associated documentation in accordance with Defence Standard 00-056 for modifications to UK aerospace platforms, systems and supporting equipment, such as the generation of:
- Project/programme safety management plans.
- Safety assessment of design and influencing design through safety considerations.
- Hazard identification and analysis including: Preliminary hazard identification, functional failure analysis, operating and support hazard analysis, occupational health hazard analysis fault tree analysis using the Fault Tree+ module of Reliability Workbench and zonal safety assessment.
- Hazard Logs using the CASSANDRA hazard log tool
- Safety cases, safety case reports and safety arguments using claims, argument evidence and goal structuring notation using the Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment
- Liaison with other Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines, when appropriate, to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the safety case
- Support the preparation for customer safety meetings and system safety working groups, including the development and review of effective standard work to provide 1st quality inputs
- Assist programme planning and support for safety activities
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of mitigation plans
- Assist under general supervision, the development, maintenance, review and update of safety process.
Other job responsibilities may include assistance with systems engineering products for ongoing programmes and deliverables, Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA's), Manufacturing License Agreement (MLA's).
Some UK and US travel is expected.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility.
- Assist the removal of obstacles by identifying where and what help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members.
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and have awareness of project management concepts/tools.
- The candidate should have an awareness of safety tools such as CASSANDRA, Adelard Assurance and Safety Case Environment and Fault Tree+.
- Understanding of the application of Def Stan 00-56 safety requirements to aircraft modifications.
- Specific platform or system experience and product knowledge, along with experience of UK MoD safety policies, processes and culture.
- Previous industry or military service Safety Engineering experience.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More