ILS Engineer (Product Review)Yeovil, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for an ILS Engineer (Product Review) based at Yeovil.
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering capabilities that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the capabilities is Product Support Engineering (ILS Engineering) which provides the product supportability infrastructure comprising the following technical areas: Logistic Support Analysis, Reliability and Maintainability, Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis, Engineering Data Exploitation, Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and Technical Publications.
The Integrated Logistics Support Product Review Engineer will support the Various Programme ILS Leads through the ILS Technical Lead and will be responsible for:
- The review of the LSA following changes to Programme Baselines.
- The review of Technical Manuals (IETM) following changes to Programme Baselines.
- Preparation of material for briefings, meetings and formal working groups (internal and external).
- Support to Programme ILS Leads in managing Over and Above (O&A) Tasks.
- Attendance as required at internal, supplier and customer meetings.
- Conduct Logistics Support Analysis, updating the LSAR as necessary.
- Liaison with the Customer on specific areas of O&A Tasks.
- Support and co-ordinate O&A deliverables (CDRLs) ensuring timely inputs are received, reviewed and the final output is ready for approval and acceptance process.
- Highlight any issues or opportunities within O&A Services at the earliest possible point and where required support mitigation and development plans for addressing highlighted concerns.
- Support contingency planning and requirements to take Projects smoothly into Sustainment.
- Work as directed by the ILS Technical Lead.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Required Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Experience of Logistics Support Analysis with the use of LSAR.
- Previous practical experience in Aircraft maintenance (preferably Chinook related will be an advantage).
- Support Engineering/Integrated Logistical Support related work experience.
- Essential to be able to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- An understanding of Support Engineering in the Military environments.
- Logistics Support Analysis (Spares Engineering).
- Authoring of Support Product documentation.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Ability to work with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients.
- Ability to Liaise with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solutions with those that exist on the base platforms.
- Proven ability to drive first time quality.
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications is desirable.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.