Lead Design EngineerYeovil, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK and is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a Lead Design Engineer to work within the Engineering Function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) to support new business development. The role will report to the Design & Production Engineering Manager.
This role is for a lead design engineer to support the Design & Production Engineering team with design activities across all new and existing programs. The successful candidate will have experience in a range of design activities including but not limited to design, production, manufacturing, supplier management, additive manufacturing, proposal development, drafting of basis of estimates (BOEs) and drafting statements of work (SOWs). This is a full-time role based out of our Yeovil site with hybrid working options.
This role is fundamental to the successful growth of BDUK and it will require you to work both proactively and autonomously with a diverse team of colleagues with varying experience across different business areas, domains and backgrounds. If you like variety in your day job and would love the opportunity to collaborate with international colleagues to shape and help deliver the future for a rapidly growing UK part of the Boeing Company then this job may well be perfect for your next challenge!
As a BDUK employee you will have access to flexible working arrangements, benefits packaging, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to leverage to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.
Key Tasks include:
- Develops, integrates and documents structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design
- Develops, maintains and modifies structural and interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle
- Performs, integrates analytical and test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals
- Develops new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Works under general direction
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Currently possess a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience with engineering tools such as ENOVIA, PDM, MAPPER, and CATIA is desired
- 5+ years’ experience with structural design principles for repair and maintenance (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques).
- Experience with ENOVIA and/or CatiaV5
- 5+ years’ experience with coordinating across multiple disciplines to develop repair data
- Experience working with Regulatory Administration regulations is desired
- Knowledge about Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) is desired
- Experience in Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) operations and environment
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award