Avionic / Electronic Systems DesignerYeovil, England; Gosport, England; Salisbury, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,700 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services. This is a full time role based at Gosport, Yeovil or Boscombe Down with some hybrid working options.
Working at the forefront of the defence industry on our cutting-edge fixed-wing, vertical lift and digital programmes brings continuous challenges that require creative solutions. This fast-paced and dynamic environment means that it is highly unlikely that any two days will be the same. While working in such agile settings, your wellbeing is very important to us; we strive for a healthy work-life balance with a supportive culture which fosters collaboration, innovation and first-time quality.
This post is for a Mission Systems Design Engineer reporting to the BDUK Design and Production Engineering Manager. The role will technically support UK Chinook Modification programme objectives, with typical examples of work scope described below:
- Working with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzing and translating requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Verification and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Providing technical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle, as dictated by applicable contract statements of work.
- Researching specific technology advances for potential application in order to satisfy either company or customer requirements.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Supports the identification and management of risks, issues and opportunities (RIOs). Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity realisation.
- Champion and support Continuous Improvement across BDUK activities.
- Works under minimal direction.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant aerospace-related subject or equivalent industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft avionics systems design and engineering throughout the product lifecycle.
- Previous experience working with military aircraft is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practice.
- Registration with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) (Preferred but not Essential) or have the ability to work towards CEng.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities