Project Engineer - 12 Month InternshipYeovil, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for an Project Engineering Intern reporting to the BDUK Design, Structures & Build Capability Manager based in Yeovil. The roles will assist the BDUK Project Engineering team in the delivery of TLCS programme objectives ensuring that assigned activities are appropriately coordinated and reported by performing the role of Project Engineer as described below;
- Support the development and maintains of Statement of Work (SOW) to satisfy current and emerging programme requirements.
- Support the response to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiate proposed changes to determine modifications to deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Coordinate project execution to complete the work statement and ensure the engineering leadership team are aware of programme milestones and objectives.
- Identify metrics and report to programme leadership to provide a status of functional performance.
- Compare actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Define plans for risk, issue and opportunity mitigation ensuring items created through the execution of engineering activities are managed and reported appropriately.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2nd or 3rd year university student
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Studing towards engineering related subject
Typical Education & Experience:
- Studying an engineering degree
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.