Senior Electrical Systems DesignerYeovil, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This post is for a Senior Electrical Systems Designer to work within the Engineering Function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) to support Bids and Proposals as well as future fixed wing and rotary wing programs. The role will report to the Design & Production Engineering Manager. BDUK currently employs over 1,700 people in the UK and is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
Working at the forefront of the defence industry on our cutting-edge fixed-wing, vertical lift and digital programmes brings continuous challenges that require creative solutions. This fast-paced and dynamic environment means that it is highly unlikely that any two days will be the same. While working in such agile settings, your wellbeing is very important to us; we strive for a healthy work-life balance with a supportive culture which fosters collaboration, innovation and first-time quality. This is a full-time role based at either Yeovil or Bristol with some hybrid working options.
Key Tasks include:
Electrical Electronic Systems Design:
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
Electrical Design and Analysis:
- Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Develops and validates requirements for various complex arious communication, sensor, power, GN&c and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues.
- Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews.
- Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal direction.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Currently possess a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience developing or integrating avionics or mission systems
- Experience with requirements development and integration & test.
- Experience developing requirements and applicable traceability from the weapon system down to subsystems using tools such as DOORS or OSEE.
- Experience with avionics integration testing and analysis tools (e.g. Matlab or others).
- Experience working on an Agile Framework and using Jira and Confluence.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities