Business Operations ManagerZhoushan, Zhejiang
- The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
This position requires a highly adaptable, flexible candidate who can react to the changing priorities associated with an aerospace installation, paint and field operations. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Acting as Deputy to the China Completion Center Chief Administrative Officer
- Acting as the key point of contact for the China Completion Center for daily activities and acceptance of statement of work
- Driving accountability to achieve key performance indicators across Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery to meet commitments
- Leading the activities and communication across and between the China Completion Center, the China Delivery Center and local government entities
- Fostering relationships between the China Completion Center and the Delivery Center
- Engaging, leading and supporting Functional Goals & Objectives
- Manage intellectual property and associated processes for the China Completion Center and Boeing
- Influencing future China Completion Center systems design and execution
- Owning and managing Completion Center processes that ensure a stable and effective operation
- Facilitating and leading the resolution of issues that will potentially impact deliveries
- Facilitates / making decisions supporting aircraft completion and deliveries (resources, price, parts, storage, etc.)
- Managing and leading Business Operations and other reporting functions to ensure a highly effective organization
- Coordinating and managing commitments and resources with internal and external organizations for Completion Center statement of work and business plans
- Providing direction for work authorization
- Presenting plans to executive leadership to gain approval
- Managing the establishment of an overall management system architecture by utilizing the Program Management Best Practices
- Managing system and processes to provide status information on commitments and compliance to plan
- Providing status and to Completion Center and Delivery Center Leadership.
- Ensuring follow-up action for issue resolution
- Providing direction and decision for actions necessary to meet commitments, based on assessment of the China Completion Center capability and capacity, working with Completion Center Chief Executive Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and China Completion and Delivery Center Board
The qualified candidate should be capable of working in all areas of Business Operations, with demonstrated functional excellence in leadership, project management, data analysis, and executive communication.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a proactive ability to; lead and integrate across functions, organizations and levels to drive results; enable the use of data analytics to inform timely decision-making at all levels; leverage excellent communication skills, including the ability to integrate and summarize complex messaging at an executive level; provide strategic and creative means in defining or improving processes or approaches, to meet evolving business needs; start up a standalone business entity and partner with team members to improve internal processes, with an eye toward improved efficiency, simplification, and demonstrating functional excellence in all that they do.
- Must have the right to work in China; does not require sponsorship for employment visa currently and in the future
- Able to speak, read, and comprehend English and Mandarin at a professional working level proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Minimum 5 years of experience in collecting, interpreting data, and managing high level projects for Executives of Senior Leadership
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience performing in a finance, scheduling, industrial engineering, change management, strategy, program management, or project management role
- Minimum 3 years direct experience leading and managing the development and integration of business plans, strategies and processes to meet business goals
- 3 or more years of experience managing projects and utilizing standard project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Gantt charts, resource load charts)
- Preferred qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead at all levels in the business from executive to front-line employees.
- Demonstrated ability in leading early implementation and start-up of large-scale ventures
- Demonstrated experience in Business Operations supporting manufacturing facility and a delivery center
- Strong strategy development and decision making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work with external support services, suppliers and government entities
- Ability to effectively make decisions, based on a wide variety of data sources
Strong ability to work with senior leadership, both internal and external to organization
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More