Environmental, Health, and Safety ManagerZhoushan, Zhejiang
- The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
- The selected applicant will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) program. Develops strategies and directs the integration of EHS programs into business operations. Identifies regulatory requirements, occupational health and safety risks and environmental impacts, and develops strategies, plans and programs to meet requirements and mitigate risks. Assesses compliance to regulatory requirements and company policy and implements corrective action as needed. Interfaces with government agencies to assure necessary approvals are in place to allow for compliant operations.
- Individual will be expected to provide support in identifying, acquiring, and maintaining necessary EHS permits, licenses and other permissions as needed; assist in the delivery of EHS training; provide occupational health support including chemical and noise exposure monitoring; provide physical safety risks assessments and develop mitigation plans; provide support/track EHS KPIs and metrics; and assist in the establishment of the EHS management system for the continuing operations of an aerospace manufacturing facility in Zhoushan, China.
- Must have the right to work in China; does not require sponsorship for employment visa currently and in the future
- Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to speak, read, and comprehend English at a professional working level proficiency.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and teaming skills.
- Be able to self-manage and establish work procedures and standards to achieve a high level of productivity.
- Be able to identify issues, problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a flexible approach.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and practical experience with national and provincial Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More