Flight Operations Generalist (Zhoushan)Zhoushan, Zhejiang
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Zhoushan Delivery Center Flight Operations has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Flight Operations Generalist in Zhoushan, China. In this position you will be on the Flight Operations team supporting Boeing flight operations in China. As a member of the Flight Operations team you will work closely with flight crew, delivery center personnel, local and regional Air Traffic Control agencies, regulators, customers, and members of the Flight Operations team. This position will play a vital role in maintaining safe and efficient flight operations in a new and challenging location. This is an opportunity to be on the leading edge of a new team and help shape the future of Boeing.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter that has experience across multiple Flight Operation specialties to include flight dispatch, flight scheduling, flight crew training/standardization, and radio tower operations.
Some of the day to day responsibilities include:
- Support the Flight Operations team who communicate with flight crews and other involved flight crew personnel to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements (i.e. where flight will occur, clearances required, customs requirements, Transportation Security Administration or country equivalent, air traffic and airspace requirements, flight plan needs, weight and balance, etc.) Creates and adjusts flight plans, as needs/conditions change. Ensures all flight plans for Functional Demonstration and Customer Demonstration flights and delivery aircraft, including domestic and international commercial meet applicable CAAC, FAA, and international rules and regulations. Provides flight following for aircraft in flight.
- Uses standard flight operations software to coordinate aircraft schedules, allocate qualified flight crew, monitor any flight schedule changes and notify flight crew. Reviews schedule with flight operations manager and/or Customer Delivery Center.
- Tracks and monitors the qualifications for crew as defined by regulatory, contractual or test defined requirements. Leads team responsible for providing requested information to support government audits.
- Follow’s standard procedures to communicate directly with aircraft in-flight and on-the-ground using radio equipment. Communicates information to aircraft on behalf of company management, engineering, manufacturing and other flight organization personnel and external agencies (e.g., FAA or CAAC).
- Oversees others coordinating and acquiring assets (charter aircraft, airspace, fuel, use of airport, etc.) and arranging flight operations. Ensures delivery of assets on time to meet the expressed needs of the flight crew, contracts organization and other involved personnel. Supports and participates in pre-mishap planning, training, and practice alerts. Utilizes the Boeing billing system to ensure proper allocation of expenses and charges to the appropriate organization/program.
- CAAC flight dispatch license
- Mandarin and English language proficiency
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Occasionally Domestic and International Travel Required (Ability to obtain required visas)
- FAA flight dispatch license
- Radio Operators Permit
- AA degree in related discipline and typically 3 or more years of international dispatching experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with Flight Operations System (FOS)
- Familiar with Jeppesen flight planning products
This position offers relocation assistance based on candidate eligibility.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities