Information Technology Versatile TechnologistZhoushan, Zhejiang
- The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
The IT Technologist (ITT) is responsible to deliver IT services, support end users and contribute to projects within the business.
The ITT is responsible to:
- Test, deploy and administer IT systems for the Completion Center, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform incident resolution or, when needed, coordinate escalation to the appropriate IT Service Provider.
- Interact with IT Service Providers to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues. Collaborate actively with various service providers for testing, solution deployment and issue resolution, regardless of circumstances or apparent root cause.
- Oversee software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Provide IT consultation to the end user.
- Distribute new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes. Ensure integrated testing occurs prior to implementation.
- Provide technical leadership during major event and incident management activities.
- Conduct system performance analysis and provide visibility to leadership.
- Contribute to Completion Center projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
The IT Technician reports to and receives functional guidance from the JV IT Manager. The ITT frequently interacts with business leaders, end users and external IT Service Providers. Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
- Must have the right to work in China; does not require sponsorship for employment visa currently and in the future
- At least 3 years hands-on experience in IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing or engineering
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable
- Able to speak, read, and comprehend English and Mandarin at a professional working level proficiency.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with extensive knowledge of application integrations, operating systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously, being flexible and meeting commitments while demonstrating a positive attitude even in a stressful situations
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion are highly desirable
- Process oriented focus
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More