IT Technician (Zhoushan)Zhoushan, Zhejiang
Identifies, evaluates and resolves complex computing delivery systems and network problems. Escalates problems as appropriate. Provides and coordinates intermediate and complex computing delivery systems configuration management. Performs intermediate end-user training.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Job description and responsibilities:
The IT Technician is responsible to deliver IT services, to support end users and to contribute to IT Int'l projects within the assigned region or, as needed, occasionally in other regions.The ITT is responsible to:
- Deploy and administer IT systems in the assigned region, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Interact with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Provide IT consultation to the end user.
- Distribute new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participate in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager etc.
The IT Technician reports to the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional guidance from the Technical Leads. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Support Coordinators, Technical Leads, IT Int'l Project Managers, ECST focal and external service providers.
Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other sites and regions.
Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.Additional Information:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in a stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude, flexibility
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
- At least three years hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery.
- Computing or engineering degree
- Professional technical certifications highly desirable
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAUDI3 (B81) - End User Support Spec 3 (End User Support Specialist
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More