The IT Technician is responsible to deliver IT services, to support end users and to contribute to IT Int'l projects within the assigned region or, as needed, occasionally in other regions.
The ITT is responsible to:
- Deploy and administer IT systems in the assigned region, including end-user desktops/laptops, computing servers, network equipment, voice and video hardware and mobile devices.
- Perform incident resolution or, when needed, escalation to the appropriate group.
- Interact with regional Support Coordinators and Service Fulfillment Analysts to track and prioritize incidents and tasks in the ticket queues.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems.
- Execute asset change tasks and reflect such changes in appropriate databases.
- Provide IT consultation to the end user.
- Distribute new user IT starter package and provide initial user IT orientation.
- Ensure security and policy compliance while performing technical tasks.
- Participate in regional and cross-regional technical meetings.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned information systems administration tasks, maintenance/upgrades and configuration changes.
- Conduct systems performance analysis and provide feedback to functional leads and colleagues in the Continual Service Improvement function.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
The IT Technician reports to the Regional Operations Manager and receives functional guidance from the Technical Leads. The ITT frequently interacts with end users, Service Fulfillment Analysts, Support Coordinators, Technical Leads, IT Int'l Project Managers, ECST focal and external service providers.
Some business travel may be required, as driven by business needs. Special project assignment, backfill requirements or rotations may require short-term assignments to other sites and regions.
Significant flexibility is expected to perform off-hours activities, both on site and remotely.
- Extensive IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused with strong customer service skills and the ability to apply sensitivity and discretion when required.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and meeting commitments; positive attitude even in a stressful situations.
- Dynamic and proactive attitude, flexibility
High level of energy, enthusiasm and passion highly desirable.
- Process oriented
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
Strong sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
CIO, Information & Analytics
China; Boeing (China) Co., Ltd.