Manufacturing PlannerZhoushan, Zhejiang
The Boeing Zhoushan China Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
Working under minimal direction, ability to independently lead and plan department/organization processes for developing, implementing and maintaining various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration. Develops and plans manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives. Prepares build analyses and cost estimate reports. Leads integration of complex suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements. Develops complex tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements. Manages tooling from initial design to end of use disposition. Leads investigation and resolution of complex or systemic manufacturing related issues. Supports enterprise level benchmarking to incorporate best practices. Leads development of complex work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
Obtain preliminary Service Bulletin from Customer Repository (dropbox); Initiate draft Task card in ERP tool; Obtain Service Bulletin from My Boeing Fleet; Validate and complete Task Cards based on released Service Bulletin; Work with Industrial Engineering to integrate Task Cards into the operating plan; Release completed Task Cards to be worked by manufacturing; back up Joint Venture engineers as needed; responsible for all task cards authoring (Interior Installation, Paint, Field Operations).
- 2-3 years previous experience in aviation industry
- Proficient in English (both reading and writing TOFEL level). Ability to type/enter data in both English and Chinese.
- Knowledge of aviation terms/language
- Understanding of airplane parts installation
- Previous experience in authoring airplane job/task cards in a maintenance environment
- Previous experience in reading airplane engineering drawings/blueprints in a maintenance environment associated with service bulletins
- Must be capable of working overtime to support emergent Program requirements
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Implement tooling requirements based on manufacturing needs and manages the tooling from initial design to end of use disposition.
- Lead investigation and resolution of complex or systemic manufacturing related issues
- 3+ years previous experience in aviation industry
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (reading, writing/typing)
- Previous experience in authoring airplane job/task cards in a final assembly type environment
- Previous experience in drawing blueprint in a maintenance environment associated with service bulletins
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More