Material & Process EngineerZhoushan, Zhejiang
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology (BR&T) is seeking an experienced Material & Process Engineer focus on coating and finishes to join our team of professionals.
This position will be based in Boeing Zhoushan Delivery Center (Zhoushan, Zhejiang Province).
Materials & Processes Engineer is needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing commercial programs (737/747/767/777/787) and projects being conducted by BR&T in China. BR&T is currently supporting Boeing serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies in this region. We are looking for engineer who can lead and work collaboratively multiple types of issues (coating & paints, chemical material & processing, and surface treatment & finishes) and act as the company representative at supplier and sub-tier supplier.
- Conduct and support root-cause and corrective action activities on-site at suppliers to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness at suppliers for qualification.
- Support audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and production schedule.
- Conduct production system improvements to improve production efficiency, quality and safety.
Other Job Related Information:
- Candidate must be eligible to be stationed at Zhoushan .
- Travel up to 30% will be required within China to fulfill this work statement at Boeing suppliers and to USA as needed.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in airplane (or parts) coating & paints, or material surface treatment & inorganic surface finishing (e.g. anodizing, plating, passivation/conversion coating, sol-gel, chemical milling and etching, etc)
- Engineering background, bachelor degree or above major in chemical engineering, material science, material engineering, or similar degrees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: Manufacturing, fabrication, or assembly/finishing lines
- Prior experience with commercial airplane materials, parts, or processes with OEM or sub-tier suppliers.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in Boeing design and build processes, and especially to engineers with coating/paints, and finishes background with Boeing material (BMS) and process (BAC) specification knowledge.
- Strong project management skills
This position offer one time relocation based on candidate eligibility
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in China where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This position offers domestic relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.