Product Review Engineer/Liaison EngineerZhoushan, Zhejiang
The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
This position for a Liaison Engineer requires a flexible, adaptable and collaborative engineer who will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Interfacing with Operations, Quality, other Engineering Functions and Regulatory Agencies
- Analyzing and troubleshooting to understand root cause
- Applying basic knowledge of design and/or engineering principles to develop engineering solutions for nonconformances and maintenance issues
- Applying basic engineering knowledge to assist in process improvements
- Multiple shift support may be required depending on specific program requirements
Provide technical support to the Completion Center for all issues related to maintenance and completion activity. Investigate and resolve complex technical issues. Monitor and process Engineering Service Requests (ESRs) using various tools (NCAT, BCS, MyBoeingFleet). Answer general technical questions related to the aircraft and modification (including troubleshooting). Develop and propose dispositions related to modification and maintenance of the airplane. Create and process Maintenance Change requests (MCRs) to support added work statement related to aircraft modification and maintenance. Support Service Bulletin Closure Activities by requesting and reconciling Installation Deviation Records (IDRs). Support Post-Delivery, Pre-Flyaway CAAC part 145 repair station activity. Develop and deliver training for Completion Center new hires.
- Degree in Engineering Discipline
- 5-6 years previous experience in aviation industry
- Proficient in English (reading, writing and speaking/listening - TOEFL level)
- Ability to type/enter data in both English and Chinese
- Knowledge of aviation terms/language and airplane parts installation
- Previous experience in reading and interpreting airplane maintenance and modification documents in structural and/or avionic discipline
- Previous experience in reading airplane engineering drawings/blueprints/system schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot installation issues and answer general technical questions related to aircraft
- Understanding of airplane manufacturing requirements
- Knowledge of airplane material requirements
- Ability to process engineering service requests
- Ability to propose and develop engineering repair instructions in structural and/or avionic discipline
- Flexibility – may require weekend, overtime and off-shift work
- 8+ years previous experience in aviation industry
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (reading, writing/typing, listening)
- Previous experience in authoring airplane installation plan
- Previous experience in drawing blueprint
- Advanced understanding of airplane manufacturing requirements
- Advanced knowledge of airplane material requirements
- Previous experience in developing airplane repair instructions in structural and/or avionic discipline
- Understanding of FAA and CAAC certification requirements
- Previous experience using BCS and/or NCAT
- Previous experience supporting the incorporation of Service Bulletins/Airworthiness Directives
- Previous experience in airplane modification projects (i.e. BCF, Interior Reconfiguration, Electronic Flight Deck)
- Understanding of relationships between a 145 repair station and OEM service bulletin provider and airplane owner.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More