Production Engineering ManagerZhoushan, Zhejiang
The Boeing Zhoushan Completion Center is a collaboration between The Boeing Company and Commercial Aviation Corporation of China (COMAC). In this new business entity, we will complete the highest quality 737s for China and craft the best customer delivery experience available anywhere. We are seeking talented candidates to build a successful team that will be the foundation to future success.
Manages employee(s) performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Production Engineering; conduct performance discussions with employees; sign employee time; manage direct employee salary and training plans; remove road blocks for employees. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and daily operating requirements. Acquires, deploys and schedules personnel to meet project and operational objectives. Reviews, approves and implements facility, equipment and service plans to maximize productivity and ensure safety, security, environmental and regulatory compliance. Coordinates with providers to achieve timely delivery of resources.
Develops project or operational plans aligned to department's objectives. Implements plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to employees to execute the plan. Reviews plans' execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Monitors appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
Successful candidate will:
- Function in a diverse, teaming environment and needs to be adept at training and motivating people.
- Application of Lean Principles throughout the business process is mandatory.
- Multiple shift support may be required depending on specific program requirements.
- Degree in Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 8-10 years engineering experience in aviation/aerospace industry
- Fluent in both English and Chinese (reading, writing/typing, listening)
- 1 or more years of demonstrated management and/or leadership skills, dealing with commercial aircraft design or support
- Must have excellent people skills, be a capable project manager and possess the ability to interface successfully with various stakeholders and internal teams
- Must possess a working-together attitude, good decision making and problem solving skills, strong organization skills, and good leadership skills for motivating employees and assisting in their development
- Ability to accept direction and work with others toward shared goals. Ability to obtain the appropriate level of management support for quick issue resolution
- Capable of multi-tasking while working in a dynamic organization with a diverse workforce
- Alternate shift support may be required depending on specific program requirements
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teaming skills
- Should enjoy and work well under pressure with a flexible approach
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities
- Able to self-manage and establish work procedures and standards to achieve a high level of productivity
- Develop, implement and report metrics on project deliverables
- 10+ years engineering experience in aviation/aerospace industry
- Previous experience in engineering supporting MRO/145 Repair Station
- Previous airline operations, maintenance and/or dispatch experience
- Ability to manage diverse team in high pressure/dynamic environment focusing on meeting project costs, delivery schedule and product integrity
- Develop and deliver ad-hoc training
- Knowledge of airplane manufacturing
- Successful candidate will function in a diverse, teaming environment and needs to be adept at training and motivating people
- Application of Lean Principles throughout the business process is mandatory
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More